Thursday, September 11, 2008

a sombering time

So with 6 mins left on the 7th anniversary of sept. 11. I sit back and analyze what is happening in my life. It strikes me as strangly odd how the feelings of remorse and anger I had that day. The utter confusion of how and why such a think would happen scaried me. My brother went into a mild depression and I think every one acted in one way or another different. I remember that after that day for the rest of the school year all of the teachers tried to offer moral support to a school, when they them selves were morning. Every one knew some one, or heard something, and all were scared what was going to come next. There were moments where all you could do was look at the TV and watch for the 100th time hoping that maybe this time the plane would just fly next to the building, maybe it wouldn't fall maybe this was a whole "war of the worlds" tactic just played out on tv instead of radio. We turned to God, alan jackson moved us, and for the first time since the early 1960's America wasn't a melting pot all jumbled together we were a group of people looking for a common cause, all looking and thinking how can I help the stranger next to me. We supported our goverment, and we looked to our leader our president that so many claim to hate for hope and he gave us that hope, and helped us think of how we would repay those who did this to us. In my 9th grade year not a year after this we had a model UN project, and our teachers gave us a senerio that the hoover damn just was attacked and I remember the silence, utter silence that the 9th grade class of Dutch Fork Middle gave, it was broken with "are you kidding" form some unknown girl in the back, with a releif a teacher said this was only a saneario. It seemed with a collective sigh the 9th grade class started work on what was happening. Because at that moment we thought we would have to relive the memories that we had before, not a year ago.

more to come,
God be with those families, and me and every one close to me as we don't forget to morn, yet look to a future.

god bless you all,
nathan

0 comments: