Saturday, December 5, 2009

inspired

After spending a good 2 hours on several "green" blogs. Apartment therapy and chezeraby I have decided I want, ok probably more than that do some of these ideas. So to start it off these are a few of the requirements I want. I want a house near or at least commutable to my work, with Kit in school I don't see this as always happening but at least I should be able to commute most days, plus it's not like it's a hard idea. I want a front porch that is covered and gabeled, To hang the kayak, or kayaks. I really like the idea of building my own kayak and staining it the same color at the house, though our red kayak will still be my favorite. Also a small "inside" porch for the bikes. I want it to keep the bikes out of the house but still in a semi warm area some times it would just be nicer. Also it would be nice to have a a buffer which is a two door entry way. Also with 3-4 years of us starting out I think a project would be fun, and I really like the idea of doing a renovation of an older house, which hopefullly would make it a cheaper house. Other small ideas that I think would be great. plus make most if not everything recycled.

Kitchen.
integrated so that the things that we eat a lot some how is incorporated, kit likes wine lets use a piece of an old wine barrel that would have been thrown away into a pot holder.

old jean insulation

i'll think of more I'm just in that mood

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/chicago/green-ideas/recycled-glass-counters-050502

Idea for your beer bottles. You're welcome.